How to: Remove a hollowtech II crank and replace external bottom bracket (BB) bearings.
You Will Need
- 5mm Allen
- Fleat head screw driver
- Shimano cap adjuster tool or http://bit.ly/1jov0Rx
- Bottom bracket tool http://bit.ly/1jov0Rx
- Rubber mallet
- Paper towel
- Good quality grease
Please take note of any spacers installed on your BB and reinstall them in the same order when replacing the BB. If you require more information on spacers and installing cranks and bottom brackets please click here http://bit.ly/TS0jOK
Step by Step:
- Remove chain and loosen the 5mm pinch bolts.
- Remove adjuster Cap
- Flip up plastic tab
- Remove crank arm and knock out the opposing crank arm with a rubber mallet
- Using the BB tool unscrew the left side cup counter clockwise
- Using the BB tool unscrew the right side cup clockwise
- Using the degreaser and paper towel clean the BB threads
- Apply grease to all threads
- Install the left hand cup by hand screwing clockwise, tighten using the bb tool
- Install the right hand cup by hand screwing counter clockwise, tighten using the bb tool
- Reinstall the crank following steps 1-4 in reverse. Tighten the adjuster cap finger tight and torque the pinch bolts to 12.5nm.
If you would like further instructions please click here: http://bit.ly/TS0jOK